Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Google translate

Somebody running the HANDS Facebook page/group or whatever just put an announcement up today in Japanese, and in English (!). The English had been clearly originally just Japanese that had been Google translated or Babelfished around a bit:

"
In NPO hands, the "earthquake disaster revival tree planting support service" in which a NPO Iwate environmental counselor conference works is supported.
"

:D What a happy thing. Maybe this means they want me to translate some announcements. Maybe this means I should wait and see if they Babelfish anything else. :D
Anyway, looks like we're helping out an environmental NPO based in Kitakami plant trees for recovery. I'll try to post other highlights of our activities in English here.

Busy busy busy busy and I needed to go to work (I have a job!) five minutes ago. Need to email like four people and call two. But first: teaching kindergarteners!

No comments:

Post a Comment